I’ve had my laptop to the grindstone this week. I previously started a short story/novella to submit to Writers of the Future for their first quarter competition this year. I had the entire story outlined and approximately 2,500 words written. Since the deadline is fast approaching I decided it was time to switch gears and finish it. It’s been a productive week writing to say the least. I completed the first draft last night; it clocked in just over the 17,000 word limit. I’ll let you do the math since my brain’s tired. I did a first spellcheck/grammar pass last night and will complete several revision passes over the weekend so I can email it for submission next week. It’s time to start submitting!